Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 25, 2013

Maple Sunday

Life is full of new experiences... a new one for me this past weekend was Maine Maple Sunday.
Sugar Shacks around Maine open their doors to sell their Maple syrup and other maple treats and allow everyone a peak into how the syrup is made.
The sweet smell is intoxicating and to have a dish of ice cream with Maple syrup poured over handed to you right as you walk in isn't bad too. The sap was being cooked down over wood burning stove and I was warned not to stand to close for long or I could walk out feeling sticky from the steam (would that be a bad thing?). There were so many wonderful items to pick from starting with the main attraction Maple Syrup along with Maple Fudge, Maple Sugar, Maple Whoopies, Maple Candy, Maple Cotton Candy, Maple Cream ... I kinda sound like the  shrimp guy from "Forest Gump". 
My treats of chose was the Maple Candy and the Maple Cotton Candy and if you have never had Maple Cotton Candy, boy are you missing out.... It has a wonderful sweet taste (not like the pink stuff from the carnivals) a lovely Maple flavor and I always have to stop myself from eating the whole bag at once, only half was gone by the time I got home today and I was sharing. 
 
It was another wonderful weekend in Maine, including being with that great guy, what more could this girl ask for ? 



No comments:

Post a Comment