Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Lobster dinner ????

Saturday lead to a beautiful afternoon at the beach.
After breakfast and a few stops at a couple yard sales we took a ride over to the coast.

We wound up at Popham Beach , Fort Popham , * Constructed to protect the mouth of the Kennebec River and the approaches to Augusta and the Bath Iron Works          http://www.fortwiki.com/Fort_Popha


 Walking around the inside of the Fort, it always seems to amaze me to see the work done... to think each brick laid by hand, the curve to the ceiling... the ached door ways




















               

                     
     As we walked down towards the beach we passed a family. The little girl who was maybe 4 or 5 came up to me and handed me a flower (dandelion) she had picked .... It was a moment  <3








There was a cool breeze coming off the water  but the sun was warm on my face.
     
  Can smell the ocean ?     Can you hear the waves ?























            


  
Walking back to the car we could see two guys coming in from checking or maybe setting their lobster traps. 















        I was checking the traps too














Oh well....No lobster dinner for us, but we did have some pretty good chinese food and then of course ice cream for dessert.


It was another great weekend in Maine    



1 comment:

  1. I can smell the salt air and I can surely taste a lobster!! Two of my favourite things...

    ReplyDelete